Friday, June 30, 2017

SugarPea Designs / Sending Sunshine

June DT Feature
Hi everyone!  Amy K. here sharing a piece of SUMMER with you and where I'd like to be right now!  Our family loves the beach and usually goes about every 2 years.....this is our off year so this scene will have to do!


I've used some sets from SugarPea Designs newest release Let's Flamingle and Tropic Like it's Hot.  I created my own beach scene by handcutting water and a beach.  I added dots of "sand" with my E31 Copic and a white pigment pen.  For my palm trees, I used a technique that I haven't done in ages.  I call it stamp dragging and it works well with solid images.  I simply inked up my stamp and then put it back on the ink pad and dragged it across the ink pad, giving it the striped appearance.  

June DT Feature2

My beachy scene was adhered to a top folding notecard that was stenciled with Mustard Seed Distress Ink with a Starburst Stencil.  To finish, I stamped the "Sending You Sunshine" sentiment in black ink and added my beachy scene below.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails